Some products are absolutely essential for the working of your car while others are optional. Understanding what parts or accessories you need and when is the key to making an informed decision and to get the best value from your money.
In the light of this discussion, do you need a Hilux lift kit? Under what circumstances should you buy one?
Before that, let’s take a brief look into what a Hilux lift kit is and its role in the overall driving experience before deciding whether you need it all, and if so, under what circumstances.
Why Do You Need A Hilux lift kit?
A Hilux lift kit, as the name suggests, is an accessory that allows you to lift a vehicle to make it easy for you to add the necessary modifications to it such as a larger wheel. Typically, a Hilux lift kit creates about one to three inches of space by placing a high-grade nylon spacer between your car’s body and the frame. This additional space comes in handy when you want to have bigger tires that give you more traction on the road.
Now that you have a basic idea of what a Hilux lift kit is, let’s see what the advantages it offers are.
Advantages of a Hilux lift kit
Some of the important advantages of a Hilux lift kit are:
• It gives you more clearance, so you can fit larger tires. This can be particularly important for those who tend to go off-road often. It is an essential part of the off-roading experience.
• When you use suspension lifts, you can go as high as you want. But the catch is to lifting your vehicle too high is not a good idea as it can impact the overall balance and through it, your safety. This is why experts recommend lifting not more than three to four inches at the most.
• The biggest advantage is even when you lift the vehicle; there is no impact on the underlying suspension. In fact, the factory suspension geometry and alignment are not impacted in any way.
• When you lift to the right level, your suspension becomes more articulate and this is a huge plus when you drive through bad road conditions.
• There are two kinds of Hilux lift kits; namely, the body lift kit and suspension lift kit. These two kits are slightly different and come with their share of advantages and disadvantages. Knowing in-depth about both these types of Hilux lift kits will help you to decide which of the two is right for you.
• For the most part, the Hilux lift kits are affordable and tend to give good value for your money.
So far, we have seen the advantages that come with using a Hilux lift kit. To make an informed decision, you also need to understand its drawbacks.
Disadvantages of a Hilux lift kit
The important disadvantages of a Hilux lift kit are:
• The installation of a Hilux lift kit may take some time and you should be ready to expend that time and effort. Sometimes, you may have to take professional help, especially if you’ve never done this before.
• Though most people tend to look at the enhanced driving experience that comes from a lifted car or truck, you should also bear in mind the inconvenience of climbing on to this beast every time. This can be a spot of bother, especially if you have small children and you may even have to make a provision such as a small stool or a small foldable ladder to help them climb up and down.
• When you lift the vehicle, the frame is visible, and in some cases, you may need to put gap guards.
Now that you have a clear idea of the advantages and disadvantages, you can make a more informed decision as to whether you need a Hilux lift kit and if so, whether you should go for a body or a suspension lift kit.
Next, we’ll move on to the answer to the question that we set out for. Do you need a Hilux lift kit and the situations in which you need them?
You need a Hilux lift kit in the following scenarios.
• You tend to go on off-roading adventures often
• You take part in extreme off-roading sports and events
• The thrill and experience of driving a beast pump up your adrenaline.
• You’re looking to make many memories through driving on unexplored paths
• You want a high-performance UTE, so you can make the most of it.
If you fit into any of the above descriptions, you definitely need a Hilux lift kit to lift your vehicle and to make the most of the benefits that come with it.
On the other hand, if you tend to use your UTE to drive to work and other places within the city limits, you don’t have to really bother with the Hilux lift kits. The choice is completely up to you and depends on a large extent on how you currently use your UTE and how you plan to use it in the future.
To conclude, a Hilux lift kit is a handy piece of accessory that can go a long way in enhancing your driving experience. It lifts your vehicle to make room for large tires that can significantly add to your driving comfort, especially if you tend to drive off the normal paved roads. That said, these Hilux lift kits come with many advantages and disadvantages, and as the owner of a Hilux vehicle, you should understand both to make an informed decision accordingly.
These Hilux lift kits are ideal for those who are likely to go on off-roading trips often and most essential for those who tend to take part in extreme off-roading sports and events. Also, driving lifted cars with large wheels gives a sense of thrill for those who drive it and when you want to experience this thrill, a Hilux lift kit is a must-have accessory.
We hope this information helps you to make an informed decision as to whether you need a Hilux lift kit or not.